As a school we will always try and remain open for our students and the decision to close the school will depend on:
- A sufficient number of staff are unable to come in to keep the school running safely.
- Conditions on site are dangerous
- Conditions are considered to be or are anticipated to later become too hazardous
In the event of closure, we will endeavour to make the decision before 8am:
- Send a message to all parents through School Synergy. Please ensure you have activated your account on School Synergy and contact the school office if you need any help doing this.
- Update the school Twitter feed – @TheHollinsLancs
- Update the school Website – www.thehollins.com
- Update the local authority so they are able to update their website
- Any closure will also be broadcast on Radio Lancashire and 2BR
In the event of heavy snowfall or adverse weather during the day that causes us to be concerned about our pupils and staffs welfare in relation to returning home, we will send pupils home.
It is always difficult to make the right decision due to the unpredictability of the weather, we will aim to do this as swiftly as we can. Please be rest assured that any decisions taken will be based around ensuring that our children are kept as safe as possible.
Staff will always make every reasonable effort to undertake the journey to school.
The school appreciates that during bad weather students may arrive later than normal.